Sunday, November 01, 2009

The Dream

The sweetest dream - a dream of me and my adopted older brother. In the dream I am just sitting around when he comes around on a bicycle. So he asked me if I'd go on a ride with him. I accepted and off we go~

Then the ride was a loooong one - we went round the village thrice (I think). I remembered seeing a school with a field with people playing football. All players wore red jerseys with V-neck collars. The school was on a hillside cliff, with the cliff overlooking a vast paddy field. the vista was awesome - the paddy was just about to turn yellow, so the green that it is was kinda emerald-looking.

I also remembered some bike-riding hooligans joking around on their bikes, disturbing other bikers. They also disturbed an old loony guy (I think they pulled at his hole-ridden shorts) which we then saved by pushing them off their bike (My brother rode while i shoved them). Well, it serves them right for disturbing the old loony guy. Then the loony guy started to follow us but we lost him eventually.

Came to a traffic light. We stopped briefly, then after this, we were headed for a roller coaster ride (no kidding). Before proceeding with the green light, I remember ducking away from six low hanging warning signs. Red and orange-colored, mostly. Seriously it was a roller coaster ride - we were swerving and moving so fast and vicariously...I prayed for our safety the whole time, yet I was prepared for a swift death. The brake didn't seem to work but he said he was stepping on them (actually on bikes we grip on them). Then the crazy road ended, and we went by a Malay cemetery where Gamelan music was playing. My adopted brother told me a story of two families whose children almost put off their wedding ceremony because of differing language - one of the families swore that they were speaking the same tongue as the other, but they were not understood.

And there's a minor part where I'm rooming with Hairi my coursemate. Very weird.

I don't know what the moral of this dream is, but it was fun hanging out with my adopted brother, in real and dream life. He is the older brother I never had. He is the living proof that a person doesn't need years and years of formal education because he has so much wisdom to impart without going through university. He is 14 years older than me. It's not a creepy relationship. I have always found myself sitting around with older people, chitchatting. At a dinner, while all the kids went to play silly games, I'd sit with their grandmas and grandpas talking and listening to their stories; I found that I'd click with them rather quickly. Maybe this is what being old-souled truly is. :D

No comments: