Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Week Of Sighs~

Perhaps it's too early to judge the week. But I feel that it isn't.

The Sultan of Johor's passing has put a veil of somber over everything. It feels like a thick layer of vile dust setting upon horizontal surfaces. I can't help but feel the asphyxia - not from being saddened by his passing (may Allah bless his soul) but by the overall gloom that everybody's projecting.

It started off with my friends' attitude. Not to me, but they were influenced by this. My bestie has to mourn for this event because he's closely related to the deceased. Not blaming him. His right to be sad and have respect. Hope he hangs tough and things will get better next week.

All other friends: preoccupied with homework, assignments, and labwork. Not their fault. But it sets me to thinking: DON'T I HAVE WORK OF MY OWN? I do, but I can still manage it. With my current reduced sleeping hours, I have more daylight (yeah right) to get things done.

Oh, not forgetting the proverbial slap in the face early this week: I got a GOOD but REALITY-NASTY advice from a friend. Made me thought about my life these 20 years. I am E V I L. All capital letters. There's a difference between being a b*tch and being evil; I was the latter. I was being so insensitive. I run away from things, I refuse to resolve. It seriously slapped me in the face. Serious Retrospect is in order. GOOD - New year is for new things. New changes. Positive changes. Be nicer - Foster good relations - Less nymphomania - and now, CHANGE INNER SELF. I can do this. Friends and family are on my side. A BIG THANK YOU to the friend who slapped me with his thought-provoking words.

Now a new ME - IN THE MAKING. InsyaAllah, everything's gonna be all right. Perhaps He made this week to be silent and destined me to be alone for me to have a serious reflecting of my self, to have an intensive one-on-one talk with my inner self. InsyaAllah.

No comments: