Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baby I'm Back!!!

I'm back, beloved followers and friends... ;)

Back from where? From REHAB, that's where. Seriously. It was rehab - my friend's good with those motivational stuff, and when I poured my problems out to him, he said "you're coming with me this weekend whether you like it or not - even if it means me dragging you to it." And so I went.

Rehab was his house - it was a surprise, actually. never knew he lives in a mansion. LOL, okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but it's a big house. And the people living in there is his beautiful younger sister and sporty younger brother, plus him. For the first night, we met up at his office (the journey was a nightmare; dumb taxi drivers, pouring rain, wet slippers, et cetera) and we proceeded to Pelangi. Had dinner at his uncle's pub - the food was ordered in. His uncle's pub reminds me SO much of Cheers - the atmosphere, the people, the dimly-lit surroundings...OMG, I'm already feeling that the healing has begun. I loved that show when it was shown on Star World, so it brought back memories of home, which is therapeutic.

where everybody knows your name... =)

Afterwards, we headed home. It was already VERY late. So we just sneaked in (climbed up the gate, even) and went in. Showered, and slept. The next day, woke up around noon. Actually we're already up around ten, but tossing, turning and rolling on the comforter extended our get-up time to noon. LOL. He said that he'd make lamb curry and brownies. Both fares were

H E A V E N L Y

serving suggestion - no nuts in ours =)

serving suggestion - no rice with mine =)

And Saturday went by with me surrounded by family, a cozy home, and basically being carefree. Oh, and had more brownies.

Sunday morning - actually afternoon. Woke up late. Hehehe...had lunch. And brownies. Helped him with the curtains. Packed. Had more brownies. Went to town. Sent the rest of the brownies to his friend in CS. Headed home. Now typing this blog entry. The trip was therapeutic in subtle ways. I'm not fully healed, but I'm recovering. The world still is nasty, people are hardly nice anymore, but I need to cope with it.

Survey Camp tomorrow - have to make up at 6. The rough schedule is on my coursemate's Facebook wall. I hope I don't get people that I don't click with as group members. I hope it goes well. Smooth. Not nasty. Not fucked up. Not like Bak Kut Teh. I don't wanna fall into relapse again.

as it says on the arm...

I don't wanna be afflicted again...

No comments: