Thursday, May 27, 2010

Of Annoying Procedures and Cold Shoulders

IT WAS HELL, BUT SOMEONE'S GOTTA DO IT.

Finally I pulled myself up and out to go get my MyKad reported as missing. It was so tedious, as told by the inefficient police officer. One look at that beer gut shows how inefficient he was - not to mention how high up he was. Belly width correlates with position in ANY uniformed force.

We had to go to HQ to report it missing, get a signed piece of paper verifying that I honestly lost my MyKad, then go back to one of the police stations to lodge a report. When I say lodge, it truly means LODGE; you had to make yourself truly visible (i.e. stand at the front desk, not sitting down primly waiting for your turn) in order to get any one officer's attention. THAT'S HOW BAD THE SERVICE WAS. This is not like what I've encountered in West Malaysia. At that time, there were only TWO officers present that time, and still, they managed to squeeze in a polite "Encik, sila tunggu sebentar ye". Today there were FIVE officers, three of which were doing nothing official. Even squeezing a smile out of them would require an effort.

Finally they took down my report, asked me to return on the 2nd of June to get the official printout, and I was off. I was keeping my cool and sanity the whole time; I was keeping happy thoughts, like Jaini and Jasnita's (my cousins) laughing faces in my mind. Returning on the 2nd of June was also dumb; what does the long weekend of Kaamatan holidays have to do with police tasks? That report should be prepared this afternoon, the latest being tomorrow. Crime never sleeps. The police shouldn't too.

Overall, I'm not really satisfied with the tedious procedures and the service. This is my POV.

No comments: