Friday, June 25, 2010

UNGODLY!

Lost sleep. Over designing.

I planned to just skip dinner (or at least have something small and light) and have some apple cider vinegar before going to bed early. Then I chatted with a close friend, and I felt refreshed again. It was a delight chatting with him. We didn't chat for long (line problem+low credit). Managed to say good night before being cut off. Hahaha.

Afterwards, I rummaged through the piles of reading material in my room and got hold of back-issues of Marie Claire and Harper's Bazaar. That's where my blood and adrenaline rushed full speed from the inspiration I got from perusing the magazines. I recalled a friend of mine ordering a pair of custom made shoes with naked ladies on them, and I set off to work immediately. But the first few drafts were HIDEOUS. The girls were disproportionate. The features weren't balanced. Earlier, I said to myself that no late-night Internet, but I just had to tame this wild mind of mine and went downstairs to research the naked female body. First stop: HENTAI MANGA. Where can you find a larger-than-life (haha) cartoon depiction of the human female? So I went on and downloaded a few pictures as reference. After that, I read some articles on Yahoo and Cracked.com, before finally settling down to drag myself to bed.

I planned to draw the figures first thing in the morning, but I just couldn't sleep knowing that the design is awaited by a friend. So instead of bed, I put on the music in my phone (through earphones of course) and set off drawing, until 5am. THEN I was rested enough to get woozy and sleepy.

Now I'm sleepy. Hope I don't sleep halfway through the Friday sermons.

Happy Friday. :)

No comments: