Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Monday Eve Run!

Monday evening run was a very colorful one; not in the light-of-different-wavelengths kind, but of human colors. there were practically every shape, size, and of course colors of people on the jog today. I had my run from K11-KTHO-KDSE-KRP and back.

There were people of all skin colors, ranging from dark skinned to olive, tawny, up to doe-brown and also pearly complexion. Today kinda reminds me off Lord of The Rings, too: the variations in body types was astounding. There were elves, humans, dwarves and of course, orcs. I don't mean orcs in a hostile sense, just that I refer to them as orcs coz they have hulking bodies. Hu3

There were big and tall people, which, previously I thought only exist in the US; they were big and hulking, reminiscent of the jocks of the American Pie franchise, as well as other US teenage flicks. Running past them, I can't help feeling a sense of security (guess it's the lack-of-older-brother syndrome that is evident in me since forever). Wish I had brothers like them. Hu3~

Then there were the elvenkind: tall and lithe. these were the true runners (I think), with long legs and lithe bodies that practically slices through the air with least resistance. Oh, and then there were the dwarves: no offense, people. I only refer them as dwarves because they have powerfully built bodies but lack the height seen in the rugby jocks. These weren't runners, but they also would benefit tremendously from the cardio massage provided by running.

The humankind on the other hand, presents a variation of the elves and dwarves (and giants). They represent the middle curve of human normality, leaning to neither extremities. Sort of everyman in all professions, they are of great numbers.

Another group also deserves a mention here: those with less-than-desirable bods. I have seen a handful of these on the run...I FEEL FOR YOU GUYS!!!! and all I will say is kudos for making the first step in improving your lives. Exercising is the best medicine for weight issues. Keep up the good work guys! :D

The weather today was also great for running: neither hot nor cold. So I was able to perform greatly without tiring myself from the heat, and also not be bothered by the clamminess of cold weather. I was conscious about my calves, though; they were sounding the alarm of potential soreness, so I was aware of it during the entire run. I guess a dose of Aspirin is in order later. Hu3~

Anyway, this is exam week. It's understandable why the running crowd increases in number: everybody is wiggin' out in their rooms, tired of numb buttocks sitting and reading all day long. Come out of your cocoons, people! :D

No comments: