Tuesday, September 21, 2010

delayed thoughts

Finally, some time and space for me to materialize my thoughts.

Sunday - there were so many things in my mind; fun with friends, inspirations, duties, and of course, blog material. But Monday was just coming in, and with two delayed assignments not done yet, I have decided to act like the 21-year old guy that I am and fulfill my duties first. The inspirations were saved up in random doodles on my notes, and the fun was also stalled because my friends art also busy with their own duties (not to mention those who haven’t returned from their Raya holidays). But the blog materials I have nowhere to save. So I ended up losing a large chunk of it to my human memory. I remember something about the look in one’s eyes (inspired from being in KL), about Raya (I decided to forget about this – so generic) and another about something else. I forgot. I will recover them from my cloud (or rather, storm cloud) of thoughts and perhaps materialize them into material for my blog. But what’s important is that I have someone that I care about, someone else from my beloved family and my dear friends. YOU. Yes, you. You know who you are, my Light. :)

Just returned from a dinner and shisha session with Dyana and Sherry – it is LONG delayed. The fasting month left me (and Sherry too, as she mentioned) yearning for things more important than shisha – hydration!! Thus we were able to forget the yearning for a while and focus on enriching our earthly body in human necessities. Hehehe~

Sunday – what did I do on Sunday…Oh, woke up at around 10.30am. Rolled around on the bed, sniffed my Domo-kun (reminds me of you), read my new book New Malaysian Essay 1 (GOTTA GET THE 2nd EDITION even if it means me having to eat less - the 3rd one I already have on E-Book which is how they distributed it but I have to print it out) and waited for Mimi to come to UTM. Then we headed to Jusco to buy some supplies and to have lunch. I can’t get enough of the Jusco Selections chocolate bar. More fillings than the standard fare (YAY Jusco!)… I also bought shampoo and shower crème and a sponge. I feel SO dirty not being able to scrub myself, especially someone who sweats profusely, like me. Haha… also bought Dina Zaman’s I Am Muslim – the third book I bought in two weeks. I must credit Farish A Noor’s What Your Teacher Didn’t Tell You to spurring my love for local (albeit a bit leftist) literature. They’re the only books worth reading that comes from the local scene. None of those drippy novels for me, no thank you. Eww. LOL~

  

three books that reminded me of how much of a bibliophile I am :) and also reminds me that there are still bright great minds that are able of independent thought and seeing a different POV in Malaysia...

Monday – submitted my part of the assignment to my group member (I don’t know if I did it right). The English assignment, the curriculum vitae, took almost 1/100 of the time it takes for me to do the database assignment. Thank goodness I already have the gist of what I was gonna say in the CV.

Finished class at 1pm, had lunch. The dream of having yogurt at the steps (Juju, 2010) was dashed due to the brief rain, the inability to get yogurt in UTM, and also partly due to our gluttony. We were just too famished. Maybe we will start the diet tomorrow. I certainly have done my part to increase non-exercise activities (pushups, sit-ups etc) and jogging in the afternoon. insyaAllah, this post-Raya flab would burn right off. It is times like this that I am EXTRA grateful for being a guy, and being a young one at that. :)

Can’t wait for tomorrow – you’re coming here again, but you will certainly be bringing emotional baggage. Don’t worry, I’m here, and I have TWO shoulders to spare. Don’t be sad, my love. It pains me to see you depressed…I love you :)

Can't stop re-reading Saharil Hasrin Sanin's Teroris Bahasa!!

Gosh my thighs are tight. And I went through my first year photos – I wanna be jiggle-free like those days!!!!

p/s: Will be unreachable for meetings and such on Tuesday and Wednesday (non-class times)… Don’t say I haven’t warned you… :P



No comments: