Friday, September 24, 2010

rantings 24th september 2010

I really have forgotten how hard it was to get to what I physically am now.

I have just recently resumed my diet regime with the standard workout/food regime. But this time I had to alter it a bit to cater to the unpredictable weather… and I really have to persevere through this. I have forgotten how hard it was to not eat at night, to workout, to basically be cative round the clock.

The weather is very, very unpredictable nowadays – one moment it’s nice and peachy, the next it’s as though the sky is throwing water from pails. It rains a lot especially in the evening. Looks like I would have to take the good opportunities such as the idle mornings/nights as my running time if I am to keep active. For the time being (baby steps, I always remind myself) I am doing body weights and utilizing my under-used resistance band for presses and curls. All these to keep metabolism high. And of course, a little gratitude for me being a young energetic guy goes a looong way… :D

I DON’T WANT TO JIGGLE ANYMORE!!!!!

Food is the hardest part – not eating and I will go hungry; eat and I will end up with a full tummy. Thus, choosing what I eat wisely is critical. I try to keep carbs to a minimum, and stock up on proteins… of course, there’ll always be friends who invites me to dinners or lunches, sometimes both (I try to omit one of these); then I will try to offset the meals by reducing hat I eat next. Oh, and water, water, water is important. Other than rehydrating myself in this warm climate, I need it too for flushing out toxins and keeping things clean… a student’s hectic schedule and (sometimes) mindless eating is potentially detrimental for the skin...
Perseverance.
Water.
Gratitude.
Activity.
Mindfulness.

The five words that should be my mantra now. Good luck to all others who seek to be healthier after Raya too :D

1 comment:

anisizatyA.J said...

my brother pun dah start diet. goodluck! :)