Sunday, September 05, 2010

weird

i'm usually okay with being alone, but just now i was quite freaked out by the silence of UTM. i did not sleep until 11am just now. at 8am i went around the block, snapping the vista of a KRP almost devoid of humans. save for a cat, no one is here, at least not out roaming. then i went to sleep at 11++am, until 4.30pm. went to get food at 5pm.


all this odd-hour sleeping are giving me weird dreams. one was a dream about a world not unlike resident evil's but it has no savior; we lived in the suburbs of a Utopian world where there were virtually no zombies except for the occasional few who wandered into here. we were to live as silently as possible as to not attract the attention of zombies.

*****

and the other one (a recent one) features an I Am Legend-esque atmosphere and feel; no one is (alive) is around and we aren't supposed to go out after dark to avoid the hyperactive bloodthirsty zombies from getting us. and i could totally imagine unexpectedly running into an open door leading to a darkened room to find a horde of unsuspecting zombies; i should be slowly and stealthily backing off like in the movie.

*****

another one? it features an apocalyptic plot, where i seem to be the messianic warrior. this is how the story goes: an important character in my life suddenly comes up to me to present me with a big leather package looking like a cross between an enlarged prismatic compass cover and a guitar bag. then he (i would refer to him as my mentor now) presents me with instructions that requires to be executed at precisely the right time - the moment the great evil wakes up from its slumber. the great evil was a person also close to me, but she did not know that she is the great evil, though she did act like an evil entity in my life.

the instruction was for me to inscribe an intricate symbol (that i thought was a harmless, common one) that acts as an activation key to my destiny, empower my inactive weapon and then assemble said weapon that could destroy the great evil. the moment the latent great evil woke up from its unsuspecting human shell (it broke the human shell but reassembled itself into an image of her for disguise purposes), i was quickly instructed by my mentor to execute the said tasks. the mentor himself was a warrior who aids me in my battle against the great evil. the inscription gave me an extra boost of power, agility and some magical abilities. and another plus: turns some of my friends are already in the know about this, and are unique characters themselves. a magician, a fighter, and a healer.

i remember a part in my dream where i was scaling walls and jumping off them, parrying attacks from the great evil and her minions (also people in my life who are close but treats me badly) and having certain abilities useful in battles (accelerated healing, heightened power and agility, et cetera). somewhere along the way i got separated from my mentor, but not to the point where he dies off.

i cannot stand the pressure, suspense and horror of this dream, so i woke up, and pulled domo-kun into my arms. hugging domo-kun seems to make everything feel okay. my imagination is running wild. but i am glad that it's not dead - it WILL be crucial for my role as one-half of KAMIREKA ART's creative editor :)

p/s: is it too much to bring domo-kun along to KL for the holidays? :P


No comments: