Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Wawak! :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WAWAK!!!! :D

12th November 09 - Wawak Nery had her belated birthday party. She decided to celebrate it with her family, so she came on the 11th to set up the party, along with us.

It wasn't technically a party, just a small get-together with her nearest and dearest. But as with Cocos traditions, "nearest and dearest" and a "small get-together" does not translate into a boring silent dinner. We are only 14 people, but we can sound like 40. Hehehe~

So the dinner started at around 6.30pm...Nek Aji wasn't here coz he went to Sandakan to see off a relative who will be performing the Haji and will be flying this Saturday. Before the dinner, we had a little fun taking pics, and doing the final preparations. It felt like traditional breaking the last fast before Raya (which I do every year, insyaAllah), with the family gathering around the living room. So we started off the dinner with a prayer, and then Wawak proceeded to blow out the candle on her cake. We all ate the spread; I kept my gluttony in check, reminding me to eat slow and steady, and graze, not devour. It worked. I ate comparatively little, but felt full. Whenever a pang strikes, I remind to ask myself whether it's a hunger pang or just thirsty. I drank water, anyway.

No comments: