Sunday, March 07, 2010

SATURDAY

Hello Monsters. (applicable to Gaga fans only)

Saturday. Started at 6.30am. Woke up, showered, packed up the last of the stuff that's needed for the Pulai Springs thing. To be exact, MALAM SELINGKAR KASIH SERIMBUN KENANGAN (MASIH 2010). I got tired of untangling my tongue everytime I say that phrase. Ugh. It was themed Fantasia Romantika. I dressed as an English gentleman. At least what I managed to scrape in at this last minute. LOL~ Oh, and BTW, I'm Head of Logistics for this event and formal emcee too.


- Went to wait for the others at 8am (the proposed time of meeting). 8am becomes 9am. Typically Malaysian.


- Arrived at Pulai Springs Resort. On Muhaimin's bike (thanks Min!). Bag is in Nadia's car. Arrived there, helped about with stuff (hampers, gifts, goodie bags, etc) to be carried into the ballroom. Arrived in hall, appalled at the musky stale smell of the ballroom. The heat didn't help either. And it was SMALLER than I imagined - cramped quarters...Hurm. *thoughts to myself*

- The rest of the gang arrived. Breakfast arrived (thanks Nadia!) Ate and ate before proceeding to touch up on my script for the night. Worked with Ema, Botak and Safwan (A great team of emcees)


- Worked and worked and worked. I gave a bit of advice to practically every committee member...well, I do have some experience in these, so why not give out something? I wasn't bossy or anything, just advice, not orders. More touching up of script as there were last minute changes.


- Evening. Almost all went back. COME ON LAH! They told yours truly to bring my clothes to get dressed here. But most of them went back to get dressed. Effed up, it is. Not fair. But whatevs. Nobody (except a select few) cared to stay to stay back to watch over the stuff. I got showered, changed, and stayed. Moved around a lot that night even before the emcee gig. Hopefully it made up for the pigging out I did later on. LOL!


- Night. Planned starting: 6.30pm. Actual starting: 8.30pm!!! WTF man. LOL. Whatevs...So I just winged it. Got annoyed at the audience, so I kinda accidentally on purpose lashed out a mini-fit on stage and got stern. Hey, it was a fair exchange: You give me bullshit and I shall return the favor. The rest of the night went as usual, with me blacking-out in the middle of the show. No, I didn't pass out, but it caused my thoughts and subsequently my mind to become muddled and I kinda slurred. SORRY for THAT...Huhuhuhu~


- Finished my shift - sat at the table with the others. Chatted a while, and then got hold of the DSLR that Bal loaned. Got around enjoying my 15 seconds of FUN with the camera. Chatted up with Faizah, a fellow coursemate.
The food was scrumptious!!! It was like going into Jamie Oliver's or Nigella Lawson's house to eat!!!

- The finale: got on stage for one last time, said our apologies, hoped everybody had fun and enjoyed the fare, and good night~


- Picture time: Strangely, out of the HUNDRED of pictures that were involved last night, I didn't see much of mine. I'm peeved by this.
- Some of the pics that I got on my humble camphone... ;)
***

Me resting after the mental assault...


Me and Yee Shiou Xian a fellow coursemate...I envy her legs...


Me on the stage moments before the event


Fareha the Co-Director and Buza the Head-of-Protocols


Nida in her ethereal gown...nice fabric, love the drape, detailings...geometry and sof fabric combo is enticing! :D

And some pix from Mr Ivin's profile...thank you Mr Ivin!! :D


The stage decorations


Me in action. Nervously handling solo act!!!


Standing obediently while KJ gives a speech ;)


Me, Ema, Safwan and Botak closing up the dinner~


Me at the table with my fellow classmates

I envy Mr Ivin...huhuhuhu~

***
These are some of the pics that I managed to get on my humble phone and borrowed from Mr Ivin's profile...the rest, you could peek at on Facebook...mostly in my friends' profile...and mostly I'm not in it...huhuhu

In all...

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL COMMITTEE MEMBERS FOR YOUR DEDICATION AND HARD WORK IN MAKING THIS EVENT A REALITY AND A SUCCESS...:D

No comments: