Sunday, May 09, 2010

Kolej 11

Silence penetrates every nook and cranny of this comparatively young residential college. I seem to be the only (local) student left here. I've pretty much been by my lonesome in this section of MA6 since the start of the holidays - leaving me with all the amenities for myself. The toilet's mine, the washing machine's mine, the room's mine. Will fly to KK tomorrow, and is spending a very, very quiet time alone before the departure.

Underestimated the bulk of my leftover stuff (intended for the usage of Survey Camp) and now have no compartment or container to store. had to heavy-heartedly forsake some things, give away some unworn-yet-still-in-good-condition clothes to the cleaner aunty and uncle (thanks a bunch!) and (try) to squeeze some into my carry-on and luggage, hoping it won't exceed the weight limit. *sigh*

Took a trip to the storeroom (hoping for a miracle) to see whether it is still open (nope). It was on the fourth floor of MA7, the first place I've lived in Kolej 11. So I took a chance to see my old room, MA7-408. Turned the knob sloooowly (I fear there might still be tenants in there) and what do you know, it's unlocked and no one's living in it. It certainly brought back memories: the vista of the cafe arcade which allowed me to see whether any outlets were open; the view of the parking lot where it once brought much annoyance in the early mornings from all the revving engines of motorbikes; I even re-lived the view of an orange evening sun setting on the horizon. And I even saw a message written on the whiteboard of a tenant to his roommate, along with a blog address.

I'm all alone in this place. Nowhere to go, no transport to bring me anywhere. The sky's growling, signifying a heavy downpour later. Maybe will go to CP tonight to get the loose change converted into notes. (Finally hit RM30). I'm gonna miss parts of you, Kolej 11.

Being an emcee for their dinner night (tested the limits of my xenophobia).

me (one half of the Malam Se-Blast formal emcees) and a special guest from KTF (ex-matric friend)

Being photographer for Kolej 11's sports events (opened me up to sports photography).

FESCO K11 '09 (Photographer cum Banner Artist)

FESCO '09 Volleyball Match

Being on the F&B committee for a high-school students motivation program (it's hard work being a waiter!)

Ifmi Cafe (hope you'll still be here to serve those amazingly cheap yet tasty ABCs!).

Shelly Corner (possibly the best tempeh in campus).

Jogging up to the observatory (challenging!)

The spacious room.

These are but some of the sweet memories collected in my mind. The bitter ones, let's just archive it away into the dusty dark corners of my memory.

Goodbye, Kolej 11.

2 comments:

Sherre said...

i feel like crying. seriously. u shud be a novelist. or a writer. When u wrote about the memories, i as the reader feels that i'm part of K11 eventhou i'm not.

Unknown said...

aww, dats so sweet...thnx sher...