Thursday, September 02, 2010

cutie's day out

what an interesting day out.
went to the taxi stand at FAB to avoid having to pay the RM2 service charge for fetching us. went out at 12 noon - sweltering heat i tell you... (insert Singaporean accent)

the taxi uncle must've thought i am an international student - edgy haircut, black bouncer tee, jeans and Vans. plus juju's utilitarian bag (i love it, juju). ohmygosh, the look he was giving me behind those inky-black shades was short of murder. but i took it lightly - i'm just too happy today to be bothered my such menial disturbances.

went to JJ. plenty of eyes on me it was quite unsettling. yes i know, my hair is unique... it ain't mr trump's combover, so no need to panic. my hair won't jump off my head and bite you :P so i went through every aisle (except for toys and electrical appliances - too precarious to maneuver through). got some food for next week. maggi, a bar of fruit and nut choc, apples and wholemeal bread. oh and a tube of oil control moisturizer. i even bought a pack of juice boxes. a first for me. LOL.

headed back after going into MPH to look for reading material. but thinking of the taxi fare i have to set aside for the airport trip on the 9th, i decided to lay off the recreational reading... i even forwent the wireless mouse and earphones that i have long intended to buy... maybe next time. huhuhuhu...

going back with taxi. "Kolej 11" was a reflex answer that i am trying to curb, now that i live in KRP. LOL... but this pakcik was a nice one. tried to strike a conversation but i was too thirsty to answer (not to mention these effin' contacts drying up from the heat and my own dehydration) so i just nodded and smiled and "m-hmm"-ed. he thought that i was chinese, but i didn't speak with an accent so finally he knew the truth... reached my room and received a live birthday wish from my roomie :)

footnotes...
- i'm grateful that things got better between me and my socialite peers - alhamdulillah :)
- can't wait for tomorrow to arrive!!!! OMG!!! :D
- i'm so thirsty.... those juice boxes are calling my name... say my name say my name (destiny's child)
- the guy at bluecube said that i can't pay my bills with cash because some quota was filled up. i don't wanna go online with this sluggish line... i wanna pay for a fast connection!!!

No comments: