Sunday, December 19, 2010

my future wedding

my future wedding. hurm. never thought of it. i mean i have thought about it, just that i think of the marriage more than the wedding itself. i'd be satisfied with a simple akad nikah in a masjid witnessed by my nearest and dearest but that would mean my parents would kill me and my late grandma would rise from her grave to strangle me. hahaha... we're one big clan and that usually means a big wedding is in order. well here's my kinda-instant mental image of my future wedding put in words.

a lot of grooms worry about being fat for their wedding but i guess i'd be fine, what with my tendency to be healthy (hehe). the first outfit should be, of course, the baju melayu. i want it to be royal purple, or even burgundy. i'd like to wear the tall songkok and put a brooch on it. i want to have a samping with a keris on it. my i'm of mixed parentage, but that doesn't mean i'd go for the full Maharaja China regalia to represent my chinese side. i'm particularly fond of the mandarin collar suit, and that shall be my dinner outfit. make it purple. i think two outfits should be fine, but i don't know about the women in my family - they'd want more out of me. hohohoho... oh yea, my fave color is orange but you may ask "why not wear orange?" well friends, orange is a bright color. i don't wanna become a traffic cone on my wedding day, do i? and i don't want "peach" or any other washed-out tones. orange should be accents, for example, maybe the dinner reception shall be accentuated with orange highlights? :)

the bride. hurm, the bride. i don't know if she'll be wearing the tudung for the reception (i'm okay both ways) but i want her in a dress or a kaftan-esque gown. lace is always in order for weddings so that should be fine. cream colored (yeah i am old fashioned about this) but other colors are nice too. it should match my deep purple mandarin coat, of course.

the dinner reception? the rest of the things? i don't know. i'll let the women of my family decide. this is their forte. they take care of the wedding, i'll take care of the bride.*wink*

like this but in purple, and NO prints whatsoever :)