Monday, July 12, 2010

Getting Accustomed

Second day at KRP. And still getting accustomed to everything.

Spent last night (actually starting at 3am) tossing and turning. Can't get used to the SILENCE that KRP offered. I miss the odd noise in K11. KRP is surprisingly silent for a residential college teeming with testosterone-driven sport science students. Before that, I went out with Dyana and Sherry. First to JJ, and then dinner of cheese naan and tandoori chicken followed by shisha at Singgah Selalu. I missed shisha sooooo much - took a little time to get accustomed to it.

Went back at 2am, under the pretenses of just arrived from home. Got online, checked a few mails, and then washed up, went to bed. The bed aggravated my homesickness. And made it hard to breathe. Nevertheless, I was lulled to deep slumber by music from my trusty phone.

Woke up at 10.30am. I vaguely remembered my good-intentioned roommate shaking me for Subuh prayers. Saw Juju's missed calls and text message. Said that we'll do lunch after his classes end. But we went to K11 again to get my stuff and I spent the last half an hour unpacking. Catched up for a bit too, and will have more time to do more of the catching up. At least now the room feels a bit homey.

Now to settle this unease caused by the good-intentioned roommate...

No comments: