Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ruined First Impression

I'M SCARED.

the rain exacerbates my fears and sorrow.

First day back and already mayhem ensues - I got room G32-204B, so then I went to the office first thing.

Cardinal rule: don't imagine what will happen; it won't happen.

I imagined just me, coming in to report myself into KRP (my new college). WHOA! Many were there. Mostly Chinese and they didn't know that it's required to bring a photo themselves for the file.

I got the key and went to get in my room. Went to 204B. Okay, the key is a bit jammed. No worries, my previous room had the same problem. Turn it. Oh, it's jammy. NVM, get my jacket sleeve and TUUUURRRNNN it *tack* HOLY CRAP. The key bent and broke.

Hardening up my face for certain punishment and endless humiliation, I went to the office again.

"Yes, I went to the right room." "Yes, it WAS G32-204 BEE"

"Okay, you, wait for me at your room, we'll try to get it out of the keyhole."

*waiting* here they are.

After tries and tries of keyhole-freeing, the news finally broke to me: I WAS IN THE WRONG BLOCK. I didn't know that the adjoined blocks are different blocks. Turns out I was in G31. SHITTTTTT

When we went over to the correct room, the door keys didn't match either. So he said they'll come and take away the existing knob and replace it with another, so the keys are fine.

So then he didn't give me serious flak or beatings, or flaying... Just a reminder saying that I should wait in the room and come over to get the keys from the office a bit later. Thank God.

I guess asking for a single room availability is out of the question now...

Went to get breakfast, instead. Did a bit of shopping and then I head to the office. No keys yet; I had to wait for the workers to change the doorknob. So off I go. They came. Fixed it. Got the keys. Get keytags tomorrow. Roommate's fine. Just a bit too NICE. Pious guy. Feel kinda scared.

The whole thing makes me feel scared. The scary cherry on the scary cake? The K11 storage room is not going to open until tomorrow -

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET MY STUFF FOR CLASS?!?!?!

This is absurd... I don't want to ruin another first impression... :(

I miss HOME. Mum, Dad, Sis, Bro... Grampa. Friends. KAMIREKA ART Creative Team.

No comments: