Friday, July 23, 2010

..:: TGIF ::..

It's FRIDAY!!!

Class started at 8am - the load of getting up in the frigid wee hours is lessened by the fact that I have no 10am class - the lecturer's not available!! Today Mama Sha (what the girls call our competent lecturer) re-taught the System Development Life Cycle. Seems like we have only an inkling of what it truly is. I guess I'm more enlightened now, but I would go online to check things out to add more. Besides, I wasn't in the first lecture, so I've missed three crucial subtopics :)

Got myself a new toy too... Not the kiddie kind, mind you... but big boys' toys... :)

I have been pining for an external hard drive for two semesters now. It's good to have extra storage, because who knows what student life might throw at us: assignments, specialized programs that eat up space like Snorlax eats up everything, bootleg movies and of course, NEW SONGS!! And then I read a fellow friend's Facebook status about how happy she was about something, and I asked her about it. Turns out that there's a PC and Mobile Fair at DSI. My prayers have been answered! Granted it wasn't as grand as the one in Persada Johor on the 9th through 11th July, but it had what the students needed (and occasionally) wanted.

So... after going around the hall FOUR times (I think) just to ponder about whether to buy the 500GB or the 1 Terabyte version, I finally settled on the latter - it was RM295, compared to RM480 if I had chosen to buy the former twice.

my precious Buffalo 1Tb HDD

After going to the mini-PC fair, I went back, quickly changed into a more non UTM-conspicuous outfit and went out with Dyana and Sher for lunch and window shopping, It was good, since I wanted to survey for a printer too. So off we went to Jusco Bukit Indah. Had lunch, and walked in the place to burn off the lunch calories (and work on a nice butt :D) There is a tech store there that sells printer, just RM199 for a Canon Pixma 3in1 variant (the one that I'm looking for) but I've decided to look around first. But then we went over to Tesco (me hoping that the ALLEGED lower price claim to be true) to get some stuff for Dyana and Sher's friend's birthday party tomorrow. The printer in Tesco is WAY pricier... So much for the lower-price claim. If anybody has any recommendations for cheap 3in1 printers, please tell me... Thank you!

There was also a Camera booth at the PC Fair... Tried VERY VERY hard not to look at it... Outrageously lower price for the camera that I wanted... But alas, fate is cruel to me on this chapter in my life... "Look but don't touch/own" has never before afflicted this much pain on me... :'(

I didn't get my printer (yet), but I did get a new roommate... Here he is!

That's the roommate...the plant :P

Notice the air freshener by the plant? I was sceptical about it's efficiency, but when I put it on and left the room to go answer the call of nature, I came back to an OVERWHELMING scent!! Little thing, big aroma :D

Now that I get to empty out my laptop, I could get it formatted into a Windows 7 OS. Trying to look for a decent place to get it formatted - I DON'T WANT to have a pirated copy of the OS in my laptop... I won't want to be pestered by a constant reminder that my OS is not genuine...

Nisa is off to KL. Syaz is off to Pulau Perhentian. Juju is, as always, at home. So its just me and Mimi left here in this learning institution. I thought I'd get by with Dyana and Sherry but they have a classmate's birthday coming up. Now what should I do this weekend... Alongside revision of the week's work, of course :)

No comments: