Monday, October 19, 2009

~Silly Pitch~

Once again...im the interest of upping their profits, companies have utilized the power of the naivety of consumers. Noticed this while going to Jusco Taman U with Juju my bestie: the latest so-called innovation: the pen that is sold according to the users' active hand: a leftie-pen or a rightie-pen. Upon closer inspection (and touch-feel-use session) I found no difference whatsoever; this is some kind of sales pitch to trap consumers into buying stuff. Sure, there was a research conducted that proved thousands of lefties getting killed by using rightie-designed products, but I doubt that pens are a major cause of death; its just a symmetrical stick with an ink-filled shaft, designed for writing (and doodling, for me). This company started the hype about how their pencils are superior and "meets exam's guidelines and markin-machine settings". Please. I went through three exams fine and safe without ever using their specially-designed pencils (I even used mechanical pencils for their better accuracy and cleanliness, duh).

Enough of silly sales pitches. went to Jusco to tame this ever-increasing boredom. Originally I planned to bring Nisa and Syaz, but they weren't interested...so it ended up with me and Juju only. We ate at Sushi King. The seared saury was positively nice. I had a bit of a difficulty making the decision of what to eat; Sushi King was like the KFC of sushi, so everything was not really healthy Japanese fare; things were deep-fried, too salty or too sweet. So anyway, afterwards we went to MPH; I bought the monthly Men's Health, practically a bible for health, along with a couple of pens for the upcoming exam (my pen's running low on ink). What struck me happy was the total: normally with US Men's Health and pens the total would be RM21.40; the total was RM11.60. That means that the cashier sold me a US edition MH with a Malaysian edition's price (RM10). Nice. After that, went to Secret Recipe. Finally tamed my craving for a cake...Chocolate Indulgence. Finally, we got back into campus after Juju bought his pack of cigs.

Went running at 6pm; today was an active day. I guess the students were squirming in their seats after a full-day of studying; groups of runners (oddly, pro-runners and cyclists were nowhere to be seen) were everywhere. Hu3~ Ran from dorm, into the Lingkaran Ilmu, went into KRP, ran two rounds around the KRP pond, then proceeded home through KDSE-KTHO shortcut. fine audience today; lookers were everywhere (they were part of the reason why I ran twice around the pond LOL).

No comments: