Wednesday, October 27, 2010

please

settled my debts with the university - bye bye RM105 :(

proceeded straight to an unofficial meeting with the GOP team. main task for today is to translate the paperwork into English (my forte). but turns out they just needed to proofread before submitting it. when i looked at the title i went "WHUUT?!" in my mind - it's like the namegiver just threw in some GIS-related words and hoped that it made sense. NOT. there's no need to wow people with the name - it's just enough to give a good impression about us, and the wow-ing should come from our efforts. i found myself being sucked into the bombastic-word-search black hole, but thank god i snapped out of it in time. i gave it the name Geospatial Enrichment Quest, made sense and it is quite decent (and perhaps it'd sate their desire for a bombastic name) but they said "we'll let Prof see the paperwork, perhaps he could put in a good name that he said he'd give us just now." FRANKLY I WAS INSULTED BY THAT. i just realised that "outreach tour geospatial" is actually an English title with a BM phrase structure =.=" i hope they accept the new title - and even if they don't, at least come to me to make it a proper name with proper words and a proper phrase structure.

i miss you like crazy... i know you're crazy busy... and i keep looking at our pics and it'd make me smile :)



No comments: