Thursday, December 02, 2010

of memories, moving on, civility and emotional support

it's true what they say: when you truly love someone, you are not mad at the them for breaking it off; you can only wish them the best. i truly loved you. hence i wasn't able to be mad at you. my close friends are all furious at you. but i told them to not hate you. you had your reasons. i can no longer make you happy. so you chose to find another to fulfill your desire to be happy.


there were relapses, but i'm trying my best to forget about you. it's kinda hard when i keep looking at things in my room that remind me of you. the domo-kun plush you gave to me as a birthday present. the bottle of perfume spray in your favorite scent is still here. the bus ticket i used to see you in KL. even things that i used in your presence brings back memories. a friend told me to throw away things that remind me of you but it's hard to do so. i won't throw them away. i'm a civil person and will not resort to such measures, it's wasting money and resources... what's more, they were tokens of the love that you gave me once upon a time.


it was as though the world was trying to help me recover today; my friends keep giving me advice and supporting words to help me feel better. the friend who is a cynic when it comes to relationships was surprisingly helpful and gave morale boost by offering to kill you (no i didn't let him do so. hehehe) even the classmates whom i least expect to be helpful gave a  boost to my self esteem. maybe it's just me, but even the lecturer was being helpful; his joke (i know he doesn't know about my situation) seem to be aimed at cheering me up. i managed to laugh a few genuine laughs. THANKS EVERYONE :)


while listening to my lappy's playlist, it shuffled to the songs that we used to sing together in the karaoke. i almost burst in tears. but i reined myself in :) by the way, thanks for the pictures (although i know you didn't give me the ones with you in it), i can download it already . i know you don't want to contact me anymore but please do reply the text that i sent you. it was the the thing that made us break up. i wish you won't do that to your next lover, if you don't have one already. have a nice life. i wish you the best. i'll be silent because you don't wanna hear from me anymore. i hope one day you will open your mind and we can make contact as friends.


i look forward to tomorrow for the sake of tomorrow - it doesn't have to have someone there waiting for me :)


i can finally say this to my self:
"don't be sad because it's over; be happy that it happened."


No comments: