Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Wednesday Wetness

It's raining cats and dogs outside. Raining buckets. The moral value of the story is: Get your laundry off the clothesline before it rains. Now I have to hang it up in my room. Again. Am running out of underwear. :P

Resolutions shouldn't always be made at the start of a new year alone; it can also be made at other times. The reason why people make resolutions is that they seek to renew themselves, to have a fresh start; it's good that they seek a new lease on life. I have some of my own too.

- Learn to appreciate the people around me more. I have friends, coursemates, colleagues, acquaintances and most importantly, FAMILY. Call/message them more often, show interest in their affairs (but not to the point of being annoyingly so).

- Smarter financial management. The first JPA deposit AND withdrawal should teach you some lesson, Nazmi. For the time being, let the budget cut be a lesson.

- Manage emotions better. I have the most betraying faces around - no emotion can be hidden. Most betraying are these bushy eyebrows. But nothing can be done about it; God made me this way. I guess it's a balance of showing and concealing - I tend to keep problems to myself, so the eyebrows really help in showing at least an iota of it to the world, to tell them that I may need help or in some cases, to tell people to back off. Hu3~

- Be a better parent. Tito should provide ample initial training.

A friend of mine recently "inherited" a baby - the mother passed away, and since he's a good friend of hers, she gave the baby to him. It's not the father's leaving the baby, but the mother said that it would be better for the baby to be settled down in Malaysia first. Wow. He had a baby trusted to him - what a BIG responsibility.I wish him all the best, and for the baby to grow strong, healthy and fine... :)

No comments: